Thursday, July 4, 2013

I just kicked a child. Here's why:

The lowest of low is the subway car performer. How little talent must you have, to showcase your craft in a location where your audience did not choose to observe and does not have the option to walk away? It’s pathetic. It used to be mariachi bands and bums, but in recent years, parents have been encouraging their young sons to pole dance on the subway. They blast pop and dance remixes so loud that you can not safely drown them out with your headphones (that’s how i deal with the mariachi bands) and they force passengers to cram in doorways while they flip, shout, jump, and beg for money. That’s 3 violations at least. That many mta related tickets is an automatic trip to central booking. Yet, these kids are validated with money from tourists and approval from their mother who is usually Manning the boom box.

Today, i had enough. When they came on the train i suck my bag out in to the middle of the train. They ignored my sign so i stretched my legs out to the center. The kid proceeded to use the pole i was leaning on and do flips over my legs. I lost it. I started flailing my legs up and down until i kicked the kid in the chest. Him and another from my group started yelling and i told them to take the act elsewhere. they were disturbing a train full of people. A couple people around me said something too, so i repeated my reasoning and then went back to playing candy crush. The couple next to me actually started fighting because the woman saw my point. The guy disagreed with me but at least had the sense to explain to the kids that retaliating would only make them look bad. I almost wish the kid hit me back. There needs to be consequences for the disturbances these kids are making.






via Tumblr by @marieiscool

No comments:

Post a Comment